EU jobs, EU tests, Epso exams, knowledge in EU matters, verbal/numerical reasoning, Public Administration

UNOFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM about EPSO tests/exams/competitions in fields like Administrators (Public Administration, Law, Economics, Audit), Translators, Secretaries, Assistants (AST)

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

I participate
Poll ended at Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:50 am
only to those EU competitions for permanent staff 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
only to those EU competitions for non-permanent staff 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care - for both of them 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: CONTRACT AGENTS - CAST 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 am 

You have time until 27/4 to make an application for the competition of Contract Agents ! I participated to the previous one, two years ago, but I failed...

(experimental) click the language code to translate to that language: bg cs da de et el en es fi fr it lv lt hu mt nl pl pt ro sk sl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:44 pm 

Thanks for your vote for our first poll here in the "greek" section !

(experimental) click the language code to translate to that language: bg cs da de et el en es fi fr it lv lt hu mt nl pl pt ro sk sl

Post subject: statistics
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:12 am 

The statistics about the applications before the validation...

http://www.europa.eu/epso/cast27/pdf/CA ... TITLES.pdf

Don't forget that you have to validate your participation !

Do you have any comment to make related to these statistics ?

Post subject: Invitation to selection tests
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:36 am 

The booking period for the tests will begin on 30th May 2007 at 00:00 hours Brussels time and end on 22nd June 2007 at 12.00 hours Brussels time.

The testing period will extend from Monday 25th June 2007 to Thursday 2nd August 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:03 am 

Yesterday I had the exams in the EPSO - CAST 27 center in Athens...

42 degrees hot and couldn't have a bottle of water in the examination center !!!

I have chosen the Field II, as secretary and the thing that impressed me was that in the section of european knowledge questions they were repeated !! what do I mean ? There were two questions, EXACTLY THE SAME that were repeated !

A BIG MISTAKE for the whole procedure !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I am the exception but the system....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 am 

A lot of good luck to you, gvel!

What about the competence test? How was it?

I think it's not normal to don't allow the candidates carry some water with them with such temperatures...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 am 

My good friend Gvel, this is a good reason to appeal against EPSO. It seems that we will start loving ASEP with these guys... They get a huge salary doing nothing and breaking our nerves... In my case yesterday, the examination center was ok (very strong AC) but the EU questions made me really angry, they were not for a regular person...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:41 pm 

at least you didn't see the same question twice !!!!!

Well, when there is huge competition the difficulty it's enormous and without limit...

I agree that for some questions of the IV level even the employees themselves don't know the answers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:51 pm 

George, they will know only whatever they take care of, its impossible to know all this chaotic situation that happens in all EU bodies, big and small... However, I had some news that make me try to keep my joy, they accepted the documents I sent about the linguistic administrators competition, the final exams are due 12 October!!! Yeeeessssssss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:33 pm 

:mrgreen: The best news I have ever heard!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:13 pm 

George thanks and don't forget what we have told... We will make it my friend, I'm sure we can...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:51 pm 

Congratulations Dimitris!! Brush up your french for October!

I had my CAST27 on the 25th in Athens as well! No water allowed, it's true. Verbal was quite easy, numerical so so but for the EU knowledge, I didn't really like my questions. I have done so many competitions so far that I see the same questions again and again...Had no time to study really - was in Brussels for interviews.

We should all meet to discuss these competitions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:54 pm 

Thanks Fay. For me my first priority now is my holidays and from 6 August I start my preparation... Of course we should arrange a meeting all together before an EU body "absorb" you... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:42 am 

I was successful in the CAST27 exams and I have been "placed in the database of eligible candidates for the profile in which [I] took [the] tests". I have also filled in the online CV, as required.

Does anyone have any idea of a) the chances that an eligible candidate be selected from the CAST database and b) how long a time this typically takes?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:19 pm 

the same situation for me...

I have no more information peterv !!!!